Apply for a master’s grant by December 15thAugust 25, 2023
Are you going to write a master’s thesis that is academically relevant for us? Then you can apply for Telemark Research Institute’s (TRI) master’s grant.
TRI awards master’s grants of NOK 15,000 to students who write theses within our five subject areas: green transition, health, education and welfare, municipal and regional development, local public finance and organization and cultural life and cultural policy research.
Many fields of study are relevant for us as we are an interdisciplinary research institute. Examples of academic backgrounds our researchers have are: social economy, political science, cultural science, sociology, organizational science, social anthropology, special pedagogy, cultural history, social geography, social development, and planning.
We are awarding two scholarships by the application deadline. The scholarships are open to students from all over the country, and it is therefore possible for all students to apply.
- A grant of NOK 15,000
- Counselling from a researcher at Telemark Research Institute (time limited)
- The opportunity to be connected to an ongoing research project at TRI (dependent on relevance and practical matters). In that case, this will be adapted to each individual student and the project situation at TRI
You contribute with
- An oral presentation of the master’s thesis for TRI, after you have passed the thesis
Send a short description (max. 3 pages) of the master’s project by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should describe theory, research questions and methodology. You may also write a few sentences about why you think your topic is relevant for us. Please also state where you are studying, you field of study and your telephone number.
Deadline 15 December 2023
The applications are assessed by the research group leaders according to the following criteria and weighting:
- General project quality (60%)
- Relevance for the subject area of Telemark Research Institute (40%)
Telemark Research Institute is located in Bø in Telemark and is a national social science research institute.