Apply for a master’s grant by 15. DecemberNovember 25, 2022
Are you going to write a master’s thesis that is academically relevant for us? Then you can apply for Telemark Research Institute’s (TRI) master’s grant.
TRI awards master’s grants of NOK 15,000 to students who write theses within our five subject areas: green transition, health, education and welfare, municipal and regional development, local public finance and organization and cultural life and policy research.
Many fields of study are interesting to us as we are an interdisciplinary research institute. Examples of academic backgrounds our researchers have are social economy, political science, cultural science, sociology, organizational science, social anthropology, special pedagogy, cultural history, social geography, social development, and planning.
We are awarding two grants by the application deadline. One of these scholarships will go to a student at our local university, the University of South-Eastern Norway (USN). The second scholarship is open to students from all over the country and is therefore possible for all students to apply for.
- A grant of NOK 15,000
- Counselling from a researcher at Telemark Research Institute (time limited)
- The opportunity to be connected to an ongoing research project at TRI (dependent on relevance and practical matters). In that case, this will be adapted to each individual student and the project situation at TRI
You contribute with
- An oral presentation of the master’s thesis for TRI, after you have passed the thesis
Send a short description (max. 3 pages) of the master’s project by email to email@example.com. The application should describe theory, research questions and methodology. You may also write a few sentences about why you think your topic is relevant for us. Please also state where you are studying, you field of study and your telephone number.
The applications are assessed by the research group leaders according to the following criteria and weighting:
- General project quality (60%)
- Relevance for the subject area of Telemark Research Institute (40%)
Telemark Research Institute is located in Bø in Telemark and is a national social science research institute. We want applicants from all over Norway.